Method of preparation:
- Chana dal - ½ cup
- Jaggery - ¾ cup
- Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk - 2 cups
- Cashew nuts - ½ cup
- Elaichi banana - 2
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 2 tsp
- Dry ginger powder - 1 tsp
- Fresh coconut pieces for garnishing - 4-5
- Melt jaggery in a pan and sieve in order to clean it.
- Fry Chana dal on a low flame.
- Boil the Chana dal in a pressure cooker and keep it aside.
- Pour the boiled dal in a pan and mix it well with jaggery.
- Cook on a low flame and as the dal starts boiling add Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk.
- Mix well and keep stirring.
- Melt ghee in another pan and fry cashew nuts till they turn golden brown.
- Add the dry ginger powder and cardamom powder and mix well.
Transfer the kheer to a serving bowl. Garnish the kheer with fresh coconut pieces and serve hot with elachi banana pieces.Dal kheer packed with the richness of coconut milk and jaggery has a very high nutritional value. Chana dal contains good amount of protein and vitamins. Your kids will love it with hot parathas.